Drivers warned A1067 Fakenham Road will shut tonight for work on Norwich Northern Distributor Road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been reminded that work on the Norwich Northern Distributor Road will mean Fakenham Road will have to be shut for four nights from tonight.
The overnight closures are necessary because of work to tie in existing roads to new roundabouts on the 12.5-mile route, which will stretch from the A47 at Postwick in the east of the city to the A1067 Fakenham Road.
To connect the A1067 Fakenham Road to the new roundabout, that road will shut overnight between 8pm and 6am each night until Friday.
Light vehicles will be diverted (north to south) via the B1145 through Reepham, Reepham Road and Fir Covert Road.
And HGVs will be diverted (north to south) via the B1535 Weston Hall Road to the Wood Lane junction with the A47, then into Norwich, using Sweet Briar Road (Norwich ring road) to return to Drayton High Road (A1067).
You may also want to watch:
Once complete, A1067 traffic will be moved on to the realigned section and the old road will be broken up, with the material reused on the NDR.
Here are some of the other roadworks and road closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week:
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
• Aylsham Road, Coslany: Stop/go boards will be in operation from September 21 until September 23 as Norfolk County Council complete patching work.
• A140 at Eaton: Contra-flow measures will be in place from September 21 until September 23 as Anglian Water carry out engineering work.
• A143 at Belton: Until September 21 stop/go boards will remain in place near to the entrance of Caldecott Hall as Norfolk County Council complete patching work.
• A140 at Horsham St Faith: Temporary traffic lights will be in place on September 23 as UK Power Networks upgrade a transformer.
• A1065 at Mundford: Temporary traffic lights will be in place on September 20 as UK Power Networks carry out engineering works.