Driver caught throwing rubbish from car window - in front of council officer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A driver has been fined after tossing litter from their car window - right in front of a council enforcement officer.
The motorist was travelling through Yaxham, near Dereham, when they threw rubbish onto the grass verge.
But a Breckland Council officer happened to be on patrol in the area and witnessed the act first-hand.
While the culprit was not stopped at the time, the council tracked them down with the help of the DVLA.
The driver was given an £80 fine.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Bambridge, Breckland's cabinet member for waste and environment, said: "Our crackdown on fly-tipping and littering continues. Our team are regularly out and about across the district investigating issues and gathering evidence.
"The vast majority of residents are law-abiding, considerate members of our communities, and we will do everything we can to ensure their town or village isn’t ruined by the thoughtless minority."
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast