Downham Market’s car parking a priority for the new mayor
- Credit: Archant
John Fox outlines his priorities, with the town's car parks among the issues at the top of the list.
He explained 'no snap decisions' will be made as to whether charges will be introduced, as recommended by consultants who reviewed the town's current parking situation.
He said: 'As a town council, we will work closely with members of the public to sort out the car parks.
'There will be an opportunity for fair discussion and debate, so we can come to a fair and clean decision.'
He also wants to achieve the highest status with a local council award scheme, and develop better communication with West Norfolk Council and the public.
You may also want to watch:
'We have an exciting year ahead of us,' he added. 'I'm particularly looking forward to the opening of 'Discover Downham', the town's new heritage centre in the Old Fire Station.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 9 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 10 Water outages hit homes across city