Decision on controversal Weybourne planning application

Placard-waving protesters objected to the proposed development during a site visit in Weybourne. Pic

Placard-waving protesters objected to the proposed development during a site visit in Weybourne. Picture: ALLY McGILVRAY - Credit: ALLY McGILVRAY

A north Norfolk planning application which prompted a banner-waving protest has been given approval.

North Norfolk District Council's development committee voted eight to three in favour of Steven Boon's application to build a single-storey extension and increase the roof height of a bungalow at 25 Pine Walk, Weybourne.

Those in favour believed there were no planning reasons why Mr Boon's application should be refused.

The plan would see the ridge height of the roof increase from 4.85m to 5.7m (16ft to nearly 19ft).

At a site visit earlier this month councillors were greeted by neighbours holding placards objecting to the scheme.


You may also want to watch:


Addressing the committee today, Thursday, January 19, nearest neighbour Ann Collings said the plan would be overbearing and have a big impact on the amount of light coming through her windows.

She was supported by Janice Rose, chairman of Weybourne Parish Council, who said there seemed no logical reason for the ridge height to be increased and it would be intrusive for neighbours.

Most Read

But committee member Roy Reynolds said he believed the ridge height needed to be as proposed for 'engineering reasons'.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter