Community finds the humour in the petrol panic
The fuel folly has brought out the funny side in you.
Our community has shared social media gags, silly signs and even a quickly put together graph on the likelihood of finding a person of more advanced years at the front of the petrol pump queues.
Via Twitter, the @EDP24 account has received these gems.
@jgyap57: 'I am currently filling jerry cans with hot sausage rolls and storing them in the garage #panicbuying'
@Bellajahella: 'Have panic bought some roller blades, bike, unicycle, skateboard, wind up jet ski. Just in case.'
You may also want to watch:
@linnet1976: 'I walk to work. Am now off to stock up on shoes. Just in case.'
@Lyndaaa: 'I still have the bicycle that I panic bought back in 2000. I might go and panic buy a new saddle as a treat!'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
@robbiej155: 'Am I one step ahead? I'm going out to buy a bicycle before people think about other means of transport! #panicbuying'
@RealDavidHardy: 'Fuel panic or fools panic!?'
@robbiej155: 'I don't suppose if they made a car that ran on water would be much good either!!! #panicbuying #watershortage #crazy'
And Roger Chamberlin, via Facebook, said: 'Just passed a toilet with a queue outside. Mr Cameron's been up to his old tricks again?'
At least some people are able to see the funny side amid the craziness of the last few days.