‘Clive has a massive contribution to make’ - Corbyn says Norwich MP could one day return to shadow cabinet
- Credit: PA
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says Norwich MP Clive Lewis could return to the shadow cabinet in the future.
Mr Lewis resigned as shadow business secretary last month over his party's stance towards the Brexit vote.
The Norwich South MP said he could not 'in all conscience' support triggering Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.
Speaking during a visit in Cambridge yesterday, Mr Corbyn said: 'I am a very good friend of Clive, we get along extremely well, we work together and Clive has a massive contribution to make and he will always be a friend of mine.'
When asked by the BBC if he would take Mr Lewis back, he added: 'Everybody is going to come back at some point.'
You may also want to watch:
• Clive Lewis is due to appear on the Sunday Politics show today at 11am.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction