Chloe Smith eyes health care
Sarah HallThe importance of regular eye check-ups was made to the Conservative candidate for Norwich North when she visited the Norfolk and Waveney Local Optometric Committee.Sarah Hall
The importance of regular eye check-ups was made to the Conservative candidate for Norwich North when she visited the Norfolk and Waveney Local Optometric Committee.
Chloe Smith's visit was hosted by Dipple and Conway Opticians in Norwich, which was also attended by representatives from the Norfolk and Norwich Association of the Blind and local patients.
She said: 'The open morning was informative. With two million people in the UK at risk of losing their sight, we need to take every step to improve eye healthcare - in particular given that half of this sight loss is preventable.'
Optician Deborah Hargrave said: 'We work very closely with GPs and hospital eye departments in managing ongoing eye health issues.
You may also want to watch:
'Local opticians are ideally placed to provide all patients with a range of examinations and can help patients to manage their eye health in an accessible community setting.'
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor