Cheers! North Walsham pub providing new base for town’s information hub
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham pub is providing a new home for the town's information hub.
The first visitors are due to be welcomed at the centre next to the King's Arms Hotel later this month.
Landlord Martin Miles is providing the room on King's Arms Loke for the town council managed facility.
The information centre had been based in the former town hall on New Road, which is set to be converted into a Wetherspoon pub.
The service was managed for a time last year by Arts North Norfolk, but has now been taken back in-house by the council.
You may also want to watch:
Town clerk Nick Clancy said: 'There is not enough room (at the Dayspring Centre) where we hold town council meetings for the information centre.
'The rent is considerably less than the funding we were providing to Arts North Norfolk to manage the facility.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
'We are working with landlord Martin Miles on the project and are hoping to be able to link up to the electronic information screen in the pub.'