Cage fighting gym could be headed to Norwich
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A new 'mixed martial arts' gymnasium could be heading to Norwich, if plans to convert a warehouse on a Norwich industrial estate gets the go-ahead.
Contenders Ltd has asked Norwich City Council for permission to change the use of an empty unit in Guardian Road.
In documents lodged with City Hall, the applicant says there is a 'huge demand' for such a gymnasium in Norfolk.
They state: 'An important factor is that the venue replicates a real combat fighting environment, providing the opportunity for contenders to get used to practicing combat sport in the cage or the ring.
'The specialist gym therefore demands a certain type of accommodation to ensure it can house the cage and ring, namely the venue requires large floor to ceiling height, strong floors and an open clear internal space.'
You may also want to watch:
A decision on whether to grant permission will be made in due course.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply