By-election follows death of long-serving town councillor in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant © 2010
Thorpe St Andrew Town Council is holding a by-election for its south-east ward at the end of this month.
The election follows the death of councillor Geoff Rowe after a heart attack at the age of 72 at the end of April.
A town council statement said: 'Mr Rowe had served as a councillor since 2001 and had a particular interest in staff matters and had also been very active in trying to get a ferry link re-established from Thorpe St Andrew to Whitlingham.
'The town council has offered its sincere condolences to his wife, Liz, and family. Geoff will be sorely missed by us all at the town council.'
The by-election will be held on Thursday, July 25, and polls will be open at Dussindale Community Centre and Roxley Village Hall, in Yarmouth Road,
You may also want to watch:
Standing are Joanna Barker (Labour), Ean Newberry (UKIP), Ian Roberts (Con) and Victor Scrivens (Lib Dem).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls