Burning lorry on A11 near Thetford
A burning lorry carrying a skip caused traffic disruption on the A11 near Thetford this lunchtime.
Emergency services were called to the southbound carriageway near the A1075 junction at Kilverstone shortly after 1pm.
Two fire crews from Thetford used compressed air foam and breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames by 1.30pm.
The carriageway was temporarily closed but diversions have now been lifted.
No-one was injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time