Application to turn West Beckham garage into crab processing building
An application to convert a garage into a crab processing building has been recommended for approval.
The West Beckham proposal to North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) development committee has been put forward by Keith Bishop and is due be discussed by councillors tomorrow in Sheringham Community Centre, Holway Road.
If approved the brick garage at the back of the property on Sheringham Road, where Mr Bishop lives, will be converted for personal use only.
Any employment of staff would need extra planning permission.
Beckham Parish Council has objected because of insufficient information from the applicant; no indication of the scale of the operation or number of employees; and concerns about smell in a residential area.
You may also want to watch:
The NNDC environmental health raised no objections but expected full details of ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration or mechanical extraction systems, how noise and smell would be controlled and how waste would be disposed of.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown