A140 reduced to 30mph for new roundabout work
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Speed on a section of the A140 is set to be reduced to 30mph when work begins in earnest on a £4.4m roundabout to replace a crossroads that is a notorious crash blackspot.
The temporary 30mph limit will be brought into force on a section of the road from Brands Lane in Long Stratton to Quaker Lane in Tasburgh.
Some preparatory work has already been carried out ahead on construction of the new roundabout at the junction of the A140 and the B1527 Hempnall Road.
Traffic regulations for the speed reduction came into force on February 25 lasting until August though the new 30mph limit will only come into force when work begins.
The Hempnall crossroads has been the scene of nine crashes in the past five years, with 13 people hurt, two of them seriously.
You may also want to watch:
The new 30mph limit also covers the location of accidents where in October 17-year-old Shannon Gittings, from Diss, lost her life, and Anthony Glover, of Norwich, died after a crash on New Year's Eve.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price