Lloyds Bank in Attleborough forced to close after overnight burglary
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk bank is closed today following a burglary overnight.
Police said the crime happened at the Lloyds Bank branch in Exchange Street, Attleborough some time between 12.50am and 1.15am this morning (Tuesday, October 17).
A spokesman for the force said 'an unknown amount' of cash was taken from the bank.
Police investigators were still on the scene this afternoon, and the bank has been closed for the day.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area at around the time of the incident, or anyone with information, should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
A Lloyds spokesman said they expected the bank to re-open tomorrow (Wednesday, October 18).
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen