Lives of Chris Hardman and Ellie Savage celebrated at special live music event
- Credit: Archant
An abundance of musical talent congregated in Oulton Broad to celebrate the lives of two popular local people.
In an event that paid tribute to music-lovers Chris Hardman and Ellie Savage, 12 hours of live music was on offer at the Flying Dutchman.
Mr Hardman, who achieved fame as Lil Chris, lost his battle with mental illness in 2015, aged 25, while Lowestoft schoolgirl Ellie died from a brain tumour aged 14 in 2002.
Abby Clarke, Mr Hardman's cousin, said: 'It's great to have happy events like this. That's what Chris and Ellie would have wanted.
'All sorts of people came down and the turnout was really good.'
You may also want to watch:
The day was organised by Peter Redwood, who helped shape the event in previous years.
'It was nice to see loads of people come and see local artists,' said Mr Redwood.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
'Chris and Ellie were music people and that's what this is all about.'