‘She hopes to make people smile again’ - Six-year-old braves chop for charity
- Credit: Amy Mear
A six-year-old girl from Dereham has donated 12 inches of hair to The Little Princess Trust.
Ava Mear has raised more than £280 for the charity, which provides real hair wigs for children with hair loss.
Her mum Amy said: "Ava had asked me several times if she could have her haircut short.
"I wasn't too sure about her having it done.
"However, she asked again and said could she have her haircut and donate it to The Little Princess Trust and also raise some money for them.
"I couldn't say no, so we started a fundraising page and organised a date."
You may also want to watch:
On November 7 Ava had 12 inches of hair cut off at ReStyled Hair in Dereham.
Mrs Mear added: "We are super proud of Ava.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
"She hopes that her hair and the money raised will make someone smile again."