Linkin Park singer and Ipswich Town supporter Chester Bennington dies at 41
- Credit: PA
Linkin Park singer and Ipswich Town supporter Chester Bennington has died aged 41, Los Angeles County coroner has said.
American website TMZ first reported the news, saying the singer's body had been found at a private residence in LA.
The band recently released their seventh album. They released their first album, Hybrid Theory in 2000.
In 2010, it was revealed that Bennington was a fan of Ipswich Town Football Club.
He was introduced to the club by his father, Lee Bennington, a friend of retired Suffolk police officer Alan Howard. Mr Howard explained that Lee, also a retired police officer, from Phoenix, Arizona, had accompanied him to games while in the UK in the early 1990s and quickly developed a love for the club, which he passed on to his son.
You may also want to watch:
After being invited to of the band's British shows, Mr Howard said he was a big fan and had spoken about wanting to perform at Portman Road in the future.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified