Person dies after being hit by train in Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
A person has died after being hit by a train in Norwich this morning.
All lines surrounding Norwich were blocked from around 7am, when the person was hit near to the Crown Point Depot.
British Transport Police said they were called to the level crossing at Cremorne Lane at 7.22am and they were treating the death as 'non-suspicious'.
A number of trains were cancelled and bus replacement services were put on while emergency services attended the scene.
Some trains are now running again, with alterations.
• The 8.21am Norwich to Sheringham will start from North Walsham at 8.51am, and will form the 9.44am Sheringham to Norwich service.
• The 9.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will run as scheduled.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
• The 9.49am Lowestoft to Norwich will run as scheduled.
• The 10.01am Norwich to Lowestoft will run as scheduled.
• The 10.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will be cancelled.
• The 11.17am Great Yarmouth to Norwich will be cancelled.