Person dies after being hit by train in Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
A person has died after being hit by a train in Norwich this morning.
All lines surrounding Norwich were blocked from around 7am, when the person was hit near to the Crown Point Depot.
British Transport Police said they were called to the level crossing at Cremorne Lane at 7.22am and they were treating the death as 'non-suspicious'.
A number of trains were cancelled and bus replacement services were put on while emergency services attended the scene.
Some trains are now running again, with alterations.
You may also want to watch:
• The 8.21am Norwich to Sheringham will start from North Walsham at 8.51am, and will form the 9.44am Sheringham to Norwich service.
• The 9.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will run as scheduled.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
• The 9.49am Lowestoft to Norwich will run as scheduled.
• The 10.01am Norwich to Lowestoft will run as scheduled.
• The 10.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth will be cancelled.
• The 11.17am Great Yarmouth to Norwich will be cancelled.