Line reopens between Lowestoft and Ipswich after earlier track repair works
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers have been experiencing delays between Lowestoft and Ipswich due to track repair works close to Woodbridge.
Earlier in the afternoon, the Greater Anglia website read that: 'Due to urgent repairs to the track between Westerfield and Woodbridge some lines are blocked.
'Train services between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham and Beccles may be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 minutes or suspended between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
'Customers are advised some train services maybe supplemented with a rail replacement bus in both directions between Lowestoft and Ipswich, allow for an extended journey time in both directions.'
The line had reopened shortly after 4pm, although delays of 20 minutes may still be experienced until 5pm.
The 2.17pm service from Ipswich to Lowestoft was started from Woodbridge and terminated at Beccles.
The 3.07pm service from Lowestoft to Ipswich was cancelled.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 3 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP