Two arrested in connection with woman’s death after fall down stairs
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman died having fallen down the stairs.
Linda Rainey, 60, from Harley Road in Great Yarmouth, was taken to Addenbrookes' Hospital in Cambridge on Monday, August 5, with serious head injuries after falling down the stairs and died in hospital on Wednesday, August 7.
The East of England Ambulance Service had been called to an address in South Market Road at around 11.40pm.
According to a police spokesman, officers treated the death as suspicious after receiving 'significant' information from a member of the public on Saturday, August 10.
A man and woman, both in their 50s, were arrested on Sunday.
The woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The man has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
Both are in custody as of Monday evening.
A Home Office post mortem examination was due to take place to establish the cause of death on Monday, (August 12).