Linda enjoys an early Mother’s Day treat thanks to Great Yarmouth’s Market Gates centre
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth woman has been given an early Mother's Day surprise thanks to a competition run by Market Gates Shopping Centre.
Linda Hewkin, aged 66, won a competition run at the Centre to win a makeover day and a new outfit and accessories after she was nominated by her son Luke Smith as she had been through terrible time health-wise recently and deserves a treat after all she had been through.
Linda, accompanied by daughter Tammy Atherton, started the day with a coffee and a consultation at Friends Bistro with stylist Colette Bezant.
The pampering then continued with hairstyling by Hannah Anderson at Hair By Hannah and make-up by the No 7 team at Boots.
Staff from Debenhams then fashioned a new look for Linda, who also received flowers from The Great Little Flower Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Linda collected a light pink cardigan, a black patterned top with white trousers and black sandals to create a classic look for spring 2017.
The outfit was accessorized with a handbag to match the cardigan.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
She said: 'I had an absolutely fabulous day.
'It was so lovely to be pampered by all the shops, I cannot thank them enough'.
Dee Greenwood, Market Gates Shopping Centre deputy centre manager, said: 'Families are the foundation of our shopping centre and the local community.
'We cannot think of a more fitting way to celebrate our local family of shoppers than to provide a real treat for mothers like Linda and we hope a lot of other shoppers will be treating their mums to gifts and goodies from our shops and stores.'
Judges from shops within the centre including Boots, Debenhams and the Great Little Flower Shop selected Linda from dozens of nominations.