Like chocolate? Join this club
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit... join this club.
A new 'chocolate tasting' society has been formed in East Anglia to offer members the chance to taste different, specialist delicacies from around the world and learn more about the processes involved.
Taking its inspiration from wine tasting societies, the 'Le Club De Cacao' is to hold its inaugural meeting next month at the Workhouse Culinary School, on Market Place, Harleston, where it is to be based.
It is being launched by Lynn Lockwood, from Earsham near Bungay, who is seeking like-minded chocolate fans to join up.
Madame Deroubaix - as Ms Lockwood likes to be called when dealing in chocolate - started her discovery of 'fine' chocolate five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Lockwood said: 'I never knew the world of chocolate was this extensive. Few people know that from bean to bar it takes five years to reach your lips.'
The monthly club will offer up to 25 people an evening of tasting chocolate from around the world, as well as learning about the history, cultivation and production of the delicacy, including the latest chocolate news. Plans are also forming to establish links with some well known chocolatier's and cocoa growing projects.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 10 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
Ms Lockwood said: 'Chocolate should take you on a journey of discovery. I want to help people discover their champagne of chocolate.'
After many years of battling many personal challenges such as ME and dyslexia, Ms Lockwood said chocolate had helped her discover her passion for life again: 'Whatever the question, chocolate is the answer,' she said.
• Le Club De Cacao launches on Thursday, February 5, at 7.30pm. Memberships costs £45 for a year. For information visit www.leclubdecacao.co.uk.
• Have you got a Harleston story? Email email@example.com