Light aircraft crash lands in north Norfolk
A pilot escaped serious injury this afternoon after his light aircraft reportedly flipped over three times and landed nose down while coming in to land in north Norfolk.
The drama happened on the airfield at the Muckleburgh Miliary Collection attraction at Weybourne.
Police say the man, who was not local, was flying a Tipsy Nipper T66 aircraft when the accident happened at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman for the Muckleburgh Collection said a witness described the aircraft as coming into land much too steeply, catching a wheel, flipping and landing nose down.
The pilot, the only person aboard, was said to have been walking around afterwards but had a bump on the head and so the emergency services were alerted.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance crew and firefighters from Sheringham also attended but the man was not taken to hospital.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument