Lifeboat called to help canoeist in difficulty off Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft RNLI lifeboat was called out to help a canoeist in difficulty this afternoon.
The man in his mid 40s had left from Pakefield earlier today, and paddled north.
He then turned around to head back towards Pakefield against the tide but had become exhausted and was spotted by staff at SLP who raised the alarm.
The lifeboat crew was launched at around 3.15 this afternoon and found the canoeist a quarter of a mile out to sea from the entrance of the harbour.
The crew pulled him and his canoe onto the lifeboat and brought him back to shore.
You may also want to watch:
Coxswain John Fox said: 'He was one of the most grateful people we've ever rescued.'
A rescue team from the Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard was also called.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder