Lifeboat called out at Wells
Four people were rescued ten miles off the Wells coast after their vessel was left without power due to a broken gearbox.Wells lifeboat came to the assistance of the King's Lynn fishing boat Audrey Patricia shortly before 10pm last night.
Four people were rescued ten miles off the Wells coast after their vessel was left without power due to a broken gearbox.
Wells lifeboat came to the assistance of the King's Lynn fishing boat Audrey Patricia shortly before 10pm last night.
The all-weather lifeboat towed the vessel towards Lynn Cut in the mouth of the Wash before returning to Wells at midnight.
It was the second time that the vessel launched this week, after being called to a similar incident on Sunday night.
You may also want to watch:
The boat came to the rescue of Seiont A , a Grimsby trawler which experienced an engine failure some three miles North West of Wells. No one was injured in either of the two incidents.
Allen Frary, coxswain at the Wells Lifeboat said: “The weather has been relatively fine this week which meant a big increase in shrimp trawling. We were called to the two separate incidents and everybody on the two boats was fine.”
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"