Lidl to open new supermarket in Norwich next month - and close another 400m away
- Credit: Archant
Discount supermarket chain Lidl is to open a new store in Norwich next month - and close another 400m away.
The company today revealed its supermarket on Copenhagen Way, off Aylsham Road, shuts on January 31.
But a new larger store will open at 8am the following day - Thursday, February 1 - on the former Goff Petroleum Site on Aylsham Road.
Around 20 new jobs have been created with the new store.
The company said the new supermarket forms part of Lidl's ongoing expansion, with plans to open up to 60 new stores in the UK a year.
You may also want to watch:
In 2016, company bosses said the existing supermarket on Copenhagen Way was too small.
The new store's sales area has been increased to 1,690sqm.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
Colin Rimmer, Lidl UK's regional head of property, said: 'We would like to thank all those who have played a part in improving our Lidl store in Norwich.'