Norwich City LGBT fan eagerly awaiting England kick off in Moscow
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich City fan and LGBT campaigner is waiting for the whistle with flag in hand at the Otkrytie Arena in Moscow.
Di Cunningham was at England's opener in Tunisia and has been surprised by the level of tolerance of her rainbow three lions flag at the World Cup.
Ms Cunningham said the stadium is starting to fill up ahead of kick off, but said she is expecting the England faithful to be hugely outnumbered by Colombian fans.
She said: 'I think there will only be about 1,000 of us, but the wonderful thing about this World Cup for me has been the camaraderie between different nations.
'There are French, Chinese, Moroccan fans in here who have the St George's flag painted on their cheeks, so we're getting some extra support.
'Everyone has been so lovely to each other, there's been lots of love from all nations.'
As well as being pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere at venues across Russia, Ms Cunningham has also been pleased by manager Gareth Southgate and his team - but is hoping the match does not go to penalties.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
She said: 'We're really gelling as a team. I think Southgate has surprised everyone, or at least most people.
'My real prediction is 1-1 and I am hoping England win it in extra time - if not it could be trouble because we all know England and Southgate don't have the best record when it comes to penalties.'