Colourful spectacle at annual rainbow garden party
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
There were scenes of delight at Saturday afternoon’s Stody Rainbow Garden Party.
The annual LGBT event, at Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, began in 2018 and raises funds for both Norwich and King’s Lynn Pride.
Though it was cancelled in 2020, the party was back this weekend in full force of colour.
“It’s just so special to welcome people back here after a year when we couldn’t open,” said Kate MacNicol, owner of the gardens.
“We’ve had a fantastic turnout - the weather has been kind in the end,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s lovely to see people enjoying the flowers, enjoying the fresh air, and just being able to see friends and people they haven’t been able to see for a whole year,” said Ms MacNicol.
Speeches were given by Norwich pride trustee Julie Bremner, as well as performances from singer Kimberley Moore, cabaret and recording artist Alexa Vox, and others.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault