Let the Games begin - West Norfolk Fit4Work returns in its fifth year
- Credit: Kate Tierney
The race is on to register for the annual West Norfolk Fit4Work Games at Alive Lynnsport, now in its fifth year.
Registration is now open for colleagues to take part in competitive, team-building sports and network with other local businesses.
Fit4Work, jointly organised by Alive Leisure and Active Norfolk, is a free workplace health scheme hosting a variety of sports such as football, badminton, netball and fitness triathlon with trophies up for grabs in each of the sports.
Chair of Alive Leisure Peter Lemon said: 'The Fit4Work Games is an event organised jointly by Alive Leisure and Active Norfolk.
'The Games encourages employers to get their staff to take part in activities that will improve their physical health and therefore their productivity, motivation and attendance at work.
You may also want to watch:
'The Games promote team work and is a great way to make new friends, the Games keep growing each year and I'm sure this will be the best yet.'
It provides employers access to a wide range of opportunities to engage, inspire and help improve employees' overall health and physical activity levels.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Katie Tierney, Active Norfolk Fit4Work Project Officer, said: 'It's great to be working with Alive Leisure again this year to run the event.
'It is always a really fun evening giving colleagues the chance to enjoy some time together outside of the work environment and creating a buzz in the workplace in the days preceding and following the event.
'Each year we see new businesses taking part in addition to lots of organisations returning which is really positive to see.'
Teams from businesses in West Norfolk are invited to enter into this tournament. For more information and to book your place, please visit www.activenorfolk.org/westThe Games will begin on Wednesday, March 8, 6pm - 9pm.