Let me take a selfie: Could you be this Norwich Police Officer’s latest profile picture?
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich police officer who raised over £1,000 for Decembeard is back with his latest challenge, and this time he's asking the public to help him with his new profile picture.
Sgt Mark Shepherd, aged 42, gained popularity online in 2016 for his beard on the beat which he decorated with glitter to bring festive cheer to party-goers on Prince of Wales Road during the festive period.
MORE: Help Norwich Sergeant decide what colour 'glitter beard' to sport on Prince of Wales Road tonightAfter raising £1,030 for bowel cancer, and smashing his £500 target, the community sergeant is now looking for a new twitter profile picture.
He tweeted his request on Friday evening to his 3,408 twitter followers: 'Good followers I need a new profile picture.
'I will be out and about on Tuesday on Foot Patrol in Norwich City Centre help with a #SelfiesWithCops.'
Sgt Shepherd, who regularly tweets under the #SelfiesWithCops hashtag, is hoping to improve the relationship between police officers and the public.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I will be out from 0800hrs on Tuesday on foot patrol. I would like to see the good people of Norwich to grab a selfie with cops, and the best one I will use as my twitter profile picture.
'It's all about the community engagement and visible policing. I will post a photo location whilst on patrol to see if anyone comes to see me.'
Follow Sgt Shepherd @SgtMarkShepherd
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Do you recognise this man?