Learn about the history of Norwich with a series of guided tours
The Norwich Society is inviting the public to learn about the city's fascinating heritage.
On Wednesday, May 3, it is leading a guided walk along King Street from 2pm.
Jan King will delve into the street's past, which is said to harbour a 'wealth of industrial and social' history.
From 10am on Tuesday, March 9, in the west end of Norwich, Rod Spokes will talk about Pottergate, St Benedict's and other fascinating parts of the city. The guided walk starts at St Gregory's Alley.
Jonathan Hooton is hosting a guided walk through the Cathedral Quarter and its many pubs on May 15, from 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
It begins at possibly the oldest pub in Norwich, the Adam and Eve in Bishopgate, and explores the history of the area's many drinking establishments and characters who visited them.
For more information about the events, and for more taking place in May, visit www.thenorwichsociety.org.uk/events
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites