Man from Suffolk named as missing swimmer
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Police have named a 56-year-old from Redisham in Suffolk as the missing swimmer.
Lawrence Gibbs was last seen at Pakefield, near Lowestoft, at around 5pm on Saturday.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said he was seen entering the sea at Pakefield beach, drifting towards Kessingland.
He is described as white, of medium build with grey hair.
He was last seen wearing blue swimming shorts and a swimming cap.
You may also want to watch:
Her Majesty's Coastguard is currently searching for Mr Gibbs supported by Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue
Police are appealing for help to trace Mr Gibbs.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Anyone who has seen Mr Gibbs or anybody with any information is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101.