Launch of Waveney smartphone app in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Smartphone users will be able to find out what is happening in Waveney at the touch of the button following the launch of a new app.
The Big Local App Waveney is designed act as a one-stop-shop for information about the local area including local news, business listings, community information and exclusive vouchers.
It is being launched by entrepreneur Ben Coleman in Lowestoft town centre on Saturday, May 24.
Mr Coleman, who lives in Lowestoft, said: 'The Big Local App Waveney allows consumers to access local information at the touch of a button, along with vouchers exclusively available to use in their area. More importantly it's free to download.
'The Big Local App offers local businesses the opportunity to get a platform on a mobile app without the big cost this would normally involve.
You may also want to watch:
'The app provides a modern way for businesses to engage with their local audience.'
Anyone who owns an iPhone or Android phone can download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 9 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
A number of businesses, including the Marina Theatre, Waterlane and Bungay leisure centres, Roman Furniture, Rookery Park Golf Course, Robert Owen, Quayside Bar and Restaurant, Envy Hair Studio and Chilled Driving Tuition, have already signed up and are providing content and exclusive vouchers through the app.
The Big Local App Waveney is partnering with Waveney District Council, Lowestoft College, Lowestoft Sixth Form College and Sentinel Leisure Trust to provide residents with the up to date local news and community information.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous, Lowestoft Mayor June Ford and local business owners will be attending the app launch outside BHS in London Road North at 2pm.
Mr Aldous said: 'I congratulate Ben Coleman and the team for launching the Big Local App. This app allows the community to access local information in an easy to use forum and helps promote the local area.'
Visit www.biglocalapp.com/waveney for more information.