Launch event to celebrate Wymondham author’s new children’s book
- Credit: Archant
A tiger, a bear, monkeys and more feature in author George Szirtes' new book of poems for children.
How to be a Tiger is the Wymondham-based author's latest book, and it is being launched tomorrow night night (Thursday, February 23) at The Book Hive, in London Street, Norwich.
As well as the poem from which the book takes its name, others in the collection include The Cat and the Caterpillar, The Bear in the Bathroom, Apes and Monkeys and A Song for Captain Hook.
The book has been described as 'perfect for young minds ready for adventures.'
Mr Szirtes has previously won a number of prizes for his writing, including the 2013 CLPE Prize for his children's collection In the Land of the Giants.
You may also want to watch:
How to be a Tiger, published by Otter-Barry Books, costs £6.99 and is out now.
Tomorrow night's launch - which is free to attend - will start at 6pm and also celebrate another book by Mr Szirtes, called Mapping The Delta, published in 2016. Mr Szirtes will read from both books.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
The launch is free to attend. Visit www.thebookhive.co.uk