Laughter is best medicine at new Great Yarmouth mental health group
- Credit: Archant
A project called Laughter is the best medicine will be launched in Great Yarmouth on Monday night.
The free group is for over 18's and provides a break for carers of and people affected by mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, life trauma, loneliness and stress.
Its aim is to help people improve their wellbeing and will meet in the Acorn Centre between 6pm and 8pm.
It has been set up by Trevor Saunders of the Mandalay Wellbeing CIC and is assisted by the town's Wellbeing Service.
Mr Saunders said: 'It's a bit like a youth club for adults. We provide retro games and activities designed to remind people of happier times and hopefully have a laugh. You won't be asked to talk about your situation, just come along and enjoy.'
You may also want to watch:
The project will be held on the third Monday of the month.
For further details email email@example.com or call 07935 115641.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man