Lattice House in King’s Lynn launches charity ale
- Credit: Archant
A West Norfolk pub has launched a charity ale as part of a six week beer festival, donating 10p to a good cause for every pint sold.
The Lattice House in King's Lynn launched its seasonal cask ale festival to coincide with the launch of Cask Ale Week.
An extended number of cask ales are available on rotation during the event, with customers being encouraged to nominate their choice of beer through bar staff.
Owners of the pub, Hawthorn Leisure,have added a 3.8% ale called Special Daze, which was christened by the charity benefitting from the generous donation, the Willow Foundation who are Hawthorn's nominated charity, and have so far received £10,000 this year from the company's fundraising efforts.
'Our customers love real ale and autumn is just the right time to entice new drinkers with a range of new brews that they might not have experienced before,' said manager David Riggs.
'Added to that raising money for the Willow foundation, who offer the most amazing days experiences to seriously ill young adults, and you can feel good whilst having a pint.'
Willow is the only UK charity supporting seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds by providing unique and positive Special Days. Since 1999 Willow has fulfilled more than 14,000 Special Days for young adults living with life-threatening conditions such as cancer, motor neurone disease and cystic fibrosis.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 9 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless