Latitude Festival 2017: Local singer Bessie Turner on her upcoming performance
- Credit: Nick Butcher
East Anglian local, Bessie Turner is gearing up to perform at the Latitude Festival this afternoon (July 14).
The singer-song writer who hails from Ipswich will take to the Lake Stage at Henham Park just after 1pm.
Her music style has been described as eclectic and draws inspiration from a range of big names such as MIA and Dionne Warwick.
Speaking to Mustard TV about her performance, the artist, who first began gigging at the likes of The Birdcage in Norwich, said: 'Playing Latitude is really important to me, it's a wonder to have been asked and it's amazing to be playing at a festival I've been coming to. I think I first attended Latitude when I was 15 years old.
'To be asked to play on an actual stage with lights and stuff is wicked.'
You may also want to watch:
Bessie also took time to discuss her thoughts on whether local artists can live in the region and still 'make it'.
'I got asked a couple of times are you going to move to London, are you going to make it there? You don't need to,' she said.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
However, she admits the industry is 'hard work' and involves keeping your fingers crossed.