Last chance to nominate unsung heros for Stars awards
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is the last chance to nominate an unsung hero for regional awards EDP Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2018.
The awards, which take place on December 5, are presented at a glittering ceremony under the vaulted ceilings of The Halls on Andrews Hall Plain in Norwich.
Designed to recognise the hard working, caring people who go an extra mile in their communities, jobs, or passions, the awards, set up by Mick and Ros Parker, attempt to give those people the acknowledgement they deserve.
Mr Parker said: 'Stars of Norfolk and Waveney are the most wonderful awards of the year. They are supported by some amazing sponsors and we already have so many applications.
'This is the most prestigious and heart warming event of the year. We look forward to a wonderful evening at The Halls to sprinkle stardust on people who deserve recognition for what they do.
You may also want to watch:
'We have had more than 350 entries so far, but it's not just about numbers it's about the quality of the entries. We have had some amazing entries from people across the county, people who have done some amazing things.
'The judging for Stars comes up very quickly! This year the judges will have the hardest job ever.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'We look forward to receiving even more entries at this late stage.'
Mr Parker added that, following the introduction of the Inspirational category this year, more category changes may take place.
He said: 'In Suffolk we had three unbelievable stories of people who saved lives of people who collapsed.'
The deadline for submitting applications is October 30, which can be done by filling out a form online.
Categories that nominations can be made for are:
Carer of the year, young person of the year, outstanding sporting achievement, community group or champion, hospital/ambulance hero/heroine, team of the year, search and rescue person of the year, outstanding bravery of the year, fire service person of the year, volunteer of the year, unsung hero/heroine, inspirational person of the year, and police person of the year.
• To find out more about Stars 2018 and to make nominations visit www.edp24.co.uk/home/starsSponsors of Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards 2018
Carer of Year - Norfolk County Council
Young Person of Year - Broadland District Council
Sporting achievement of year - To be decided
Community group or champion of year - Norfolk Community Foundation
Bravery of the year - Norwich City Council
Hospital/Ambulance Hero - To be decided
Team of Year - North Norfolk District Council
Search and Rescue Person of the Year - East of England Co op
Fire Service Person of the Year - Adnams
Volunteer of Year - Breckland DC
Police Person of the Year - Norfolk Constabulary
Unsung Hero - Great Yarmouth District
Special Recognition - Archant
Overall Star - Flagship
Inspirational - Cottages.com