Langley School in Loddon forges links with sports business degree provider based at Wembley Stadium and Etihad Campus
- Credit: Archant
A school in Loddon has launched a new partnership with a body which offers degrees in the business behind sport.
The Langley School has forged links with the UCFB, a higher education institution which focuses on courses in various aspects of football and other sports, including media, marketing, law, business and finance.
As part of the links, UCFB, which has bases at Wembley Stadium in London and the Etihad Campus in Manchester, will mentor sixth form students who either study for a BTEC level 3 in sport or linked A-Levels including business, law, media and psychology.
The school will offer an annual £2,000 award for the best all-round Langley entrant onto a UCFB course.
Andrew Walker, Langley's deputy headmaster, said: 'Langley is proud to link up with a university delivering exciting degree courses and opportunities linked to sport, based at two iconic sporting venues.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals