Landlord left “shook up” after masked man throws concrete bricks through pub windows after midnight
- Credit: Archant
A pub landlord from Doddington in Cambridgeshire was left feeling 'shook up' after a masked man threw concrete bricks through the downstairs windows of The Three Tuns at just after midnight.
In CCTV footage a man wearing a balaclava can be seen approaching the village pub before placing bricks on a table.
He then throws the bricks through two of the windows before running off and fleeing in a silver car.
Landlord Rob Leonard said: 'We have been at the pub since September 2014 and we've never had any problems like this before.
'It shook my fiancée Tina and I up quite a bit, because we feel that this is personal towards us as the person clearly targeted us with intent.'
Rob and Tina were both in bed and still awake when the masked man started hurling bricks.
'We thought we were being broken into as we heard all the glass smashing. It was quite scary to be honest.'
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 10 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
Three hours later, the couple had boarded up the smashed windows and three police cars arrived with five officers.
Forensic investigators are due at the pub this morning.