Landlord left “shook up” after masked man throws concrete bricks through pub windows after midnight
- Credit: Archant
A pub landlord from Doddington in Cambridgeshire was left feeling 'shook up' after a masked man threw concrete bricks through the downstairs windows of The Three Tuns at just after midnight.
In CCTV footage a man wearing a balaclava can be seen approaching the village pub before placing bricks on a table.
He then throws the bricks through two of the windows before running off and fleeing in a silver car.
Landlord Rob Leonard said: 'We have been at the pub since September 2014 and we've never had any problems like this before.
'It shook my fiancée Tina and I up quite a bit, because we feel that this is personal towards us as the person clearly targeted us with intent.'
You may also want to watch:
Rob and Tina were both in bed and still awake when the masked man started hurling bricks.
'We thought we were being broken into as we heard all the glass smashing. It was quite scary to be honest.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Three hours later, the couple had boarded up the smashed windows and three police cars arrived with five officers.
Forensic investigators are due at the pub this morning.