So cute! Lamb mistakes dog for its mother at Felbrigg Hall
- Credit: peter cason
A lamb and a dog have formed an unlikely friendship, after the young sheep mistook the canine for its mother.
Peter Cason and his wife were walking their spaniel Bailey in the grounds of Felbrigg Hall on April 21, when they spotted a lamb approaching them.
The couple, who live in East Dereham, assumed the little creature was looking for its mother and seeing Bailey thought it had found her.
READ MORE: Hedgehog and cat are the very best of friendsMr Cason said: 'Whilst walking our spaniel Bailey in Felbrigg Hall grounds last Saturday, we suddenly heard and saw a lamb running towards us.
'We assumed it was looking for its mother and seeing Bailey thought it had found her.'
He added: 'Bailey's reaction was similar to that when he meets another dog, he greeted it by sniffing.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cason captured several adorable photos of the pair encountering one another.
• Do you have an animal story to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre