Auction fundraiser for rugby club targeted by burglars
- Credit: Archant
An auction is being held to raise money for a rugby club targeted by burglars twice in three days.
Lakenham Hewett Rugby Club, based on Main Road in Swardeston, suffered extensive damage to its pavilion during a second break-in on Tuesday.
Criminals ripped off cupboard doors and stole several bottles of spirits, as well as at least five cases of wine.
Just two days earlier on Sunday, burglars smashed their way through a rear heavy-duty door and stole a till containing a yet unknown quantity of cash.
Now, the club is hosting a fundraising auction on Saturday, April 14, from 7pm to try and help replace the stolen items.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place after its home game against Norwich, which kicks off at 3pm.
The fundraising event, which is open to everyone, includes drinks and a curry, followed by an auction.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
For more information call 07756547283.