Labour chooses election candidate for Great Yarmouth
Lara Norris has been selected as Labour's Great Yarmouth candidate for the 2015 General
Ms Norris, who has been working as a parliamentary assistant for Luton MP Gavin Shuker, was chosen from an all-women shortlist of two at a meeting of local members in Yarmouth on Saturday.
Borough council leader Trevor Wainwright said she 'stood out as a passionate, caring, hard-working activist'.
Ms Norris said: 'It's an honour to be selected by local members to be Labour's General
You may also want to watch:
Election candidate for Yarmouth, a battleground seat in Labour's
campaign to return a One Nation Government.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
'People here have been let down by a Tory MP who is making the wrong
decisions in Parliament and in his department. He imposed devastating cuts to Local Government funding that will see Yarmouth hit harder than anywhere else in the country.
'Yarmouth deserves better. I will always stand up for local communities and fight for a fair deal for the town.'