Koch completes acquisition of J&H Bunn
US agri-chemical giant Koch Fertilizer has completed its acquisition of J&H Bunn.
Great Yarmouth-based Bunn, founded in 1816, employs about 150 in its fertiliser business, which has operations at seven ports and terminals across the UK.
The firm, one of the region's biggest with a turnover in excess of �175m annually, was bought for an undisclosed sum on 16 March.
Wichita-based Koch produces, distributes and markets nitrogen fertilisers globally, and is a subsidiary of Koch Inudstries, one of the largest private companies in the US.
Plans to acquire the business were announced earlier in the year and were cleared by the Office of Fair Trading last month.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Packebush, president of Koch Fertilizer, said: 'We're pleased to be integrating J&H Bunn's terminals and its distribution and blending capabilities into Koch Fertilizer's global network.
'J&H Bunn has a long history as a highly respected independent fertiliser distributor in the UK market.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
David Harrod, a UK director for J&H Bunn, added: 'Koch Fertilizer values our agronomic and blending capabilities and plans to retain the Bunn-related brand names.
'J&H Bunn's customers should see welcome benefits from this unique combination of our local and global fertiliser capabilities and our shared commitment to customers.
'The Bunn management and operational teams will also help ensure continuity for our customers.'