Knife held to man’s throat in Thetford service station robbery
A knife was held to a cashier's throat for the sake of a few hundred pounds during an armed robbery at a service station.
Police say two men raided the BP petrol station, on the A11 in Thetford Forest Park, on Saturday night.
One man stood at the door of the shop whilst a second, described as wearing black bottoms, black trainers and a black coat with the hood up held a knife to the cashier's neck forcing him to open the till.
Around £300 was taken before the suspects fled the scene on foot into the forest.
Site manager Saran Logan said that the member of staff involved in the incident was unharmed but had taken a few days off to recover.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or noticed two men acting suspiciously in the area between the times stated.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Debbie Johnston at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit