Care homes taking part in Facebook trial to keep residents in touch with families
- Credit: Archant
A care home group is taking part in a Facebook trial to help its residents keep in contact with their families.
Kingsley Healthcare has been taking part in a national trial to test the use of Facebook’s Portal device in its homes.
NHSX, the digital arm of the health service, has partnered with the social media giant to role the trial out in care homes.
All of Kingsley’s homes around the country have been given the device so residents can keep in touch with their family during the coronavirus lockdown.
Maria Volentiru, manager of The Depperhaugh Nursing Home, in Hoxne, near Eye, said: “We have had to stop family visits to protect our residents during the coronavirus pandemic but that has been hard for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been using iPads for video calls but the Facebook Portal has given us a valuable extra resource to enable residents to keep in touch with their relatives.”
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'