Civic reception in King’s Lynn for victorious Linnets
- Credit: Archant
Victorious King's Lynn Town FC are being honoured with a civic reception.
The Linnets claimed their place in the National North league after winning a super play-off final at Warrington 10 days ago.
Players, manager and coach and team partners have been invited to the Town Hall on Friday night.
West Norfolk mayor Geoff Hipperson, said: "I have been extremely pleased to see the change of Lynn football team's fortune from their lowly position at the beginning of the season to being so successful at the end.
"Somehow, with the return of the manager, their confidence and style of play returned and with one or two additions, the team was transformed.
You may also want to watch:
"I watched them play a few weeks ago and was very impressed with their quality of play and commitment.
"To demonstrate the appreciation of the borough I am hosting a mayoral civic reception for King's Lynn Town Football Club at the town hall to celebrate their successes".
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
Chairman of King's Lynn Town Stephen Cleeve said: "I'm so pleased that the council is holding a civic reception for the team to honour their achievements. Nice touch".