Strawberry Daquiri? Pina Colada? Long Island Ice Tea? Cocktail week gets set to shake up King’s Lynn
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Ten local King's Lynn businesses are joining forces to bring the first cocktail week to the town.
Strawberry Daquiri? Pina Colada? Long Island Ice Tea? From February 23 - March 4, 10 bars will be hosting a series of events in and around the town centre.
There will be tutored tastings, talks, walks, quizzes and more when you sign up to take part. With a wristband, customers can explore everything from Brandy Collins to Espresso Martini.
Abbie Panks, vice chair of Discover King's Lynn, which is organising the event, said 'we've had a fantastic response to Cocktail Week both from businesses and the public. We have some great bars and venues in King's Lynn who have really got behind the idea'
Even those who are not fans of cocktails can get involved as the Nip and Growler Ale House has a limited-edition beer for the occasion which plays on the notes of cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
Co-owner Elise Rout said: 'we are really looking forward to participating in cocktail week, the icing on the cake has been brewing our own beer for the occasion.'
Over the 10 days there will be exclusive deals at all the participating bars, ranging from special £5 cocktails and limited-edition drinks only available with the wristband which costs £5 for the whole event.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
The event will also include the opportunity for the public to nominate their favourite drink and will culminate in one bar being crowned Cocktail Week champion 2018.
Everyone taking part in the event must be over the age of 18 and wristbands are on sale now - they can be bought via klcocktailweek.co.uk and in participating bars listed on the website. Updates will a,lso appear on the King's Lynn Cocktail Week page on Facebook.
Bars taking part in King's Lynn Cocktail Week are Archers Kitchen and Cocktail Bar, Bank House, Bar and Beyond, Dr Thirsty's, Goldings, Nip and Growler, Marriott's Warehouse, Massey and Co, the Rathskeller and the Soul Cafe and Restaurant.
For full details, along with terms and conditions, see the website klcocktailweek.co.uk.