West Norfolk high Street suffers blow as another shop closes its doors for good
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn High Street has been delivered a further blow, as yet another store is closing down.
Card Market, a sister shop to WHSmith, put signs up in its windows on Wednesday stating it would close on February 19.
The shop is throwing a half price sale on everything in store, excluding their Valentines gifts and cards. The sign also thanked customers.
It is not yet known if any of the employees will be relocated or offered alternative employment in a WHSmith store.
Card Market is the latest to shut up shop in the town centre and first of the year ,following the closure of Next and Blue Inc at the latter part of last year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for WHSmith said: 'We can confirm that the Cardmarket store in King's Lynn will be closing when the lease expires.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Water outages hit homes across city
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 People released from car after crash closes road
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 9 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 10 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop