King’s Lynn Rock Choir to perform with X Factor winner Sam Bailey
- Credit: Jeanette Blamire
Rock Choir will be rocking out on stage alongside 2013 X Factor winner Sam Bailey at the Corn Exchange in King's Lynn.
Rock Choir members from King's Lynn, Downham Market, Fakenham, Hunstanton and Wisbech will be supporting Sam Bailey on her Sing My Heart Out tour on Friday, May 12, at the Tuesday Market Place venue.
Rock Choir leader Mike Tandy said: 'We are really excited to be performing with Sam. She was one of my personal favourite X Factor winners so getting the chance to hear her live will be so special.
'The choir have been rehearsing hard and are looking forward to supporting Sam in her brilliant UK tour.'
Her tour follows the release of her second studio album Sing My Heart Out in September last year, of which the title track music video featured the Rock Choir.
You may also want to watch:
They will be performing a number of songs with Sam including Labi Siffre classic Something Inside so Strong.
Sam Bailey said: 'I'm so happy to be performing with a choir on my tour. I love the depth a choir can add to live vocals and I want to put on an amazing show for my fans. I'm so excited for everyone to see what we have planned.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Rock Choir was founded in 2005 and boasts over 25,000 members in 360 communities nationwide, offering adults and teenagers an alternative experience to the traditional classical or community choir, a chance for people of all singing abilities to rock out to.
The musical group holds three Guinness world records - largest musical act to release an album, biggest hit act in the UK and the largest song and dance routine held at multiple events.
Former prison officer Sam Bailey won The X Factor in 2013 and reached the Christmas number one that same year with her cover of Demi Lovato's Skyscraper.
She also supported Beyoncé on her UK leg tour The Mrs Carter Show in 2014 and performed the role of Mamma Morton in the UK tour of the critically-acclaimed musical Chicago last year.
Ticket prices start from £29 with top price tickets costing up to £76.50 which includes a front row seat, a photo opportunity with Sam Bailey before the performance and a souvenir laminate.
For tickets call the box office on 020 8561 8371 or visit Sam Bailey's website.